Metalenz is a growing, venture-backed start-up that is the first to commercialize meta-optics and enable the next generation of 3D sensing in consumer electronics, automotive and industrial robotics markets. Built on research from Harvard University, Metalenz has 20+ patents on innovations that simplify and improve optical devices. Unlike traditional optics, the company’s metasurface technology provides complex, multifunctional optical performance in a single semiconductor layer, relocating large-scale production of optics to semiconductor foundries, that print lenses like computer chips.
Metalenz recently closed a $30.0m Series B financing led by Neotribe Ventures, and returning investors including 3M Ventures, Applied Ventures LLC, Intel Capital, M Ventures, TDK Ventures, and Foothill Ventures. Now in market, Metalenz metasurface optics will be in millions of consumer devices this year.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, 401k with company contribution, pre-IPO stock options
- Based in downtown Boston near TD Garden, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
- Competitive benefits package including company paid health, dental, vision, life, LTD/ADD
- Company contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Collaborative office space, flexible work schedule with hybrid and/or work-from-home arrangements for qualified positions.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and occasionally lunch
- Free gym and bike parking – on-site
- Fun, energizing, highly collaborative environment in which each team member has the opportunity to make an impact.
- This is a remote position, applicants will be accepted from states in which the company is currently registered (MA, NH, NY, NC, FL, CA)
Metalenz is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.
Metalenz in the press: NYTimes, Forbes, Wired