Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The Marketing Assistant for New Product Introduction is an organized, analytically minded, and highly motivated individual with strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail. You will join a team of skilled individuals who have built an industry-leading online technical resource for our research and industrial customers. Within this role, you will use your attention to detail to execute accurate content updates to Thorlabs’ website, help collect and organize information needed to track and schedule new product releases and own deliverables in the day-to-day workflow. While some projects will be independent, others will require you to work closely with graphic artists, technical marketers, and/or product engineers to be successful.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and revision of well-written, technically accurate product presentations
- Organize and oversee text and graphics updates while ensuring high quality standards are met and templates are matched
- Collaborate with NPI marketers on new product releases, web page updates, and graphing needs
- Collect, track, and maintain data needed to assign and schedule releases
- Gather sales and page visitation data to guide marketing page upgrade efforts and drive improvements
- May be asked to assist with the construction of application images that appear in product presentations
- Assist Marketing Managers and Graphics Supervisor with other marketing projects as needed
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- BA or BS, preferably with at least 2 semesters of coursework in physics, engineering, mathematics, or a related science. A major or minor in a scientific or mathematical discipline preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to Multitask and Be Detail Oriented, All While under Tight Time Constraints
- Strong Organizational, Planning, and Project Management Skills
- Ability to Work Collaboratively and Effectively in a Team Environment
- Intermediate Understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Native Language Writing Skills in English