Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Opto/Mech Tech who can…
- Understand and operate standard optical and electronic test equipment i.e. (interferometers, autocollimators, MTF testers, beam scan detectors, lasers, beam steering modules, oscilloscopes)
- Operate computer assisted testing equipment and packaging for shipments
- Build, test, calibrate, and troubleshoot Opto-Electro-Mechanical assemblies using procedures, prints, written instructions or verbal communication
- Follow written procedures and drawings developed by engineers
- Follow test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams
- Follow the weekly production schedule as assigned by the open production report; must report any anticipated delays or interference that may affect production schedule
- Work within your production group to build lasers product line from start to finish
- Assemble and debug systems incorporating optical, mechanical, and electronic components
- Inspect optical sub-assemblies
- Unit adjustment, alignment and calibration are required
- Troubleshoot and repair of sub-assembly failures
- Contribute to design-based problem solving and brainstorming for optical alternatives