Working at IAI has been described as working in a technology incubator or graduate school research lab, with the unique opportunity to see your innovation go beyond the research environment, and transition to the real world, where it can make a difference!
You get to work with a great group of intelligent electrical, mechanical, aerospace and computer engineers and scientists, physicists, mathematicians, cognitive scientists, and education and training specialists from the top universities, all brimming with knowledge and new ideas.
The work atmosphere is casual and collaborative, and you are never lacking for resources to help you solve your problems. Based on the constant flow of new projects and contracts, the work can be incredibly varied or you can choose to stay focused on a particular technical area. Projects at IAI are always intellectually challenging and take advantage of the latest technologies and research developments.
The EO/IR Engineer will work across multiple programs within Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) to support the design, fabrication and testing of Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) systems. The position requires experience in systems engineering, performance modeling, design trades studies, sensor characterization, data analysis, system concept of operations development, system integration, and system validation/verification.
You should possess a solid understanding of EO/IR devices including detectors, cameras, lasers and optics in the visible through LWIR bands, as well as the ability to write utility code for data analysis and the ability to participate in field data collections and testing. Essential in this role is ability to organize, analyze and report data. This position will report to the Director responsible for Robotics and Electromechanical System Division.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Ability to perform system design, conduct performance modeling, & conduct tests to validate design of EO/IR systems
- Assist in the assembly and testing of EO/IR systems that may include laser rangefinders and Visible/SWIR/MWIR/LWIR cameras
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data
- Familiarity with image processing
- Ability to use Matlab or other tools for image performance evaluation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for reports and presentations
- Ability to assist in moving and setting up equipment for field testing and data collection
- Ability to perform performance analysis using NV-IPM, NVThermIP, & ZEMAX for performance modeling
- Ability to support proposal writing efforts to assist or spearhead opportunities. Ability to present design, modeling and results in the context of system engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR and the like)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, physics or another relevant technical field
- Eight (8) years of experience with EO/IR systems
Requisition ID: 21-1313