We are the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Our strength is in our global reach and resources.
Applied Materials has over 24,000 employees in more than 100 locations and 18 countries. Every day, we help high tech manufacturers around the world stay in the vanguard of technology and increase efficiency throughout the equipment lifecycle, so they can realize their technology roadmaps, solve tough problems, and overcome production challenges. We’re where they need us, when they need us, with the in-depth process expertise, advanced services, and continuous innovations they demand.
Applied Materials is seeking experienced candidates with demonstrated proficiency developing complex and sophisticated optical equipment for the semiconductor, microlithography, and display industries. This unique opportunity is located in Applied Materials’ new state-of-the-art optical development laboratory conveniently located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Master of Science in Physics, Applied Optics or Optical Engineering, PhD preferred and 5+ years of experience
- Solid background in math and coding in MATLAB, Mathematica or similar
- Proven electro-optic prototype development and hands-on lab skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with tools for optical testing, alignment, metrology, and imaging
- Heavily experienced in optical design using Zemax or CODEV
- Non-sequential raytracing experience preferred (FRED or Zemax)
- Experience building custom optical assemblies
- Experience with basic laser sources and fiber optics