1309 North 17th Ave. Greeley, CO 80631
A-Lazer 675 Trade Zone Blvd, Milpitas CA 95035.
Provide clients with high precision custom laser cutting services of both metal (e.g. stainless steel, nickel, copper) and non-metal materials (e.g. capton, peek, plastic, acrylic, glass). The job of the engineer is to create a formula for the laser machine to accurately, effectively, and efficiently cut the material. Specifically:
- Develop, configure, and test Tannlin and LPKF laser machines and software by cutting materials in the most precise and high-quality manner, using Cad.
- Design laser tools and cutting plans/material on a per job basis by studying work orders, prints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters and by interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T). Each job requires a different material thickness and specification.
- Create guidelines and procedures for receiving material into the manufacturing facility and inspect material upon arrival.
- Maintain laser equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, including following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, repairs, etc.
- Train other team members in special maintenance techniques like repair UV and IR system components and in proper cleaning, lubrication, measurements, and calibration.
- Conduct research related to alternative machinery and cutting sources that will lead to improved product performance and more efficient processes.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree (Foreign Equivalent is OK).
Experience: 2 years of experience developing, configuring, and testing laser machines (Tannlin or LPKF), laser machine software, and laser tools, including 2 years of experience with CAD design software.