MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional home-based Sales Territory Manager supporting California or Arizona, who can identify business opportunities, meet customer needs, promote the brand, product offerings and capabilities. Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and accounts in the assigned geographical region and/or name accounts is key. Your primary focus will be generating new business, at new and existing accounts to gain market share and increase profitability. What you will do is:
- Identify new opportunities, applications, segments, and markets for products and capabilities. You will do this by getting to know our products and capabilities and by recognizing market and customer dynamics and drivers
- Build solid relationships with customers at multiple levels in the organization and with internal functional groups
- Work as a team with other MKS Sales Territory Managers to grow total business
- Develop and execute strategies for territory and specific accounts and provide accurate orders forecast to Sales Management
- Attend tradeshows, conferences and make other visits (up to 30% travel)
- Manage and maintain orders pipeline and opportunities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Identify, collect, and disseminate sales best practices, customer requirements, and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement of business