Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Teledyne Imaging Sensors is the leader in the HgCdTe focal plane arrays is currently recruiting a MBE Growth Production Engineer for the second shift (~11:00am-7:00pm) in the Infrared Materials Group.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on technical person who excels in the MBE growth production and enjoys working as a team. The MBE Growth Production Engineer is responsible for the MBE growth and characterization of HgCdTe wafers for the production of high performance infrared focal plane arrays and detectors. This involves MBE tool ownership from tool use planning, tool maintenance and repair, growth structure design, recipe writing, wafer growth, post growth wafer characterization and correlation of MBE growth results with final device performance.
As a member of the technical staff, the MBE Growth Production Engineer is encouraged to innovate new growth and characterization techniques for continual process improvements for yield enhancement and increased wafer throughput.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Direct “hands-on” experience and expertise with MBE growth of semiconductors is required. Previous direct experience with III-V or II-VI semiconductors especially HgCdTe is strongly desired.
- “Hands-on” experience in MBE tool maintenance and repair. Desire to be “hands-on” in the laboratory working with the technical team maintaining and operating a MBE tool.
- Prior experience in the MBE growth in the production setting. Track record of successful production execution.
- Direct experience and expertise in semiconductor material characterization (structural, electrical and optical).
- Background in opto-electronic semiconductor devices, optics, electronics, software, cryogenics, radiometric, and modelling, test, and analysis methods.
- Experience modeling infrared detector performance and correlating detector performance to MBE growth and device processing parameters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Qualification, Education and Experience:
· PhD or MS degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
· Five plus (5+) years of related work experience in III-V or II-VI semiconductor MBE growth and characterization of semiconductor materials (direct HgCdTe experience is preferred).
· Prior experience working in the production setting is desirable.
· Good working knowledge of semiconductor device processing and device physics.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.