Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
As a mixed-signal circuit design engineer the engineer will be responsible for the following. Own complex circuit blocks that are part of Read Out Integrated Circuits (ROIC), which include high performance ADC’s, multi-gigabit serializers, switched capacitor circuits, and low noise amplifiers. As part of the ownership, the engineer will translate ROIC specifications into design solutions for the specific application, demonstrate requirements are met through design and analysis, deliver circuit design and layout, commit to and meet project schedules. The engineer is expected to work as part of a design team sometimes as a team lead and at other times as team member. General duties will include performing circuit design, circuit simulation, physical design, layout extraction, circuit verification, preparation for and conduct design reviews.
- Strong technical background in electrical engineering with experience in CMOS integrated circuits
- Possess expert knowledge with CMOS design tools such as Virtuoso, Spectre, SpectreRF, Assura and Calibre
- Demonstrated prior CMOS design experience that lead to successful tape-outs and products
- Take full ownership of complex circuit blocks from requirements definition to physical design
- Have experience with correlated double sampling
- Experience with switched capacitor circuits
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
- Experience with high performance ADC design
- Advanced computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Ability to interact with customers, senior internal and external personnel
- Access to Teledyne’s ERP system is required; therefore, a Background Check must be passed.
- Due to the programs this position will be supporting, candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Current security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance is desired.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with five (5) to fifteen (15) years of related work experience using CMOS design processes and techniques.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.