Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Assists in the development of new infrared FPA test solutions that meet the requirements flown down to Test by Systems Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development of the test stations from concept through release into production
- Tests infrared FPAs to verify and validate test systems and support debugging/tuning of new ROICs, ASICs and detectors
- Creates detailed test procedures and related work instructions
- Assists in determining error budgets and evaluating parts against program specifications and for future applications
- Provides test data analysis in the forms of reports and presentations to program managers, internal engineering teams and customers
- Develops new analysis methods
- Tests parts, creates reports and presents results to customers
- Supports production testing with troubleshooting, training and modification to procedures and hardware as needed
- Frequently works with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and reporting of data
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Strong knowledge of electronics, computers and semiconductors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team spirit, leadership skills and attention to detail is expected
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with six (6) years of hands-on experience in handing and maintaining test equipment (electronics and Dewars)
- Proven track record in the evaluation of infrared imaging sensor arrays and related solid state devices
- Experience working with electronics laboratory equipment and computer programming
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.