Calmar Laser is a US-based, ISO 9001:2008 manufacturer of innovative ultrafast fiber laser and amplifier solutions for OEM, medical and scientific applications. For over 25 years, Calmar has served universities and research institutions with leading-edge ultrafast fiber laser platforms. Our compact, robust designs have also enabled long term industrial partnerships with customers in the fields of biomedicine, material diagnostics, ophthalmology, micromachining, and optical communications.
Located in Silicon Valley, Calmar’s core competencies include our staff of optical fiber laser engineers and RF electronics design professionals, our quality management system, our patents, intellectual property and innovative technology, all of which combine to allow us to offer truly unique solutions to our customers.
As a member of R&D team, to assist in the next generation ultrafast fiber laser products. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible in building and developing ultrafast fiber laser prototype, including both fiber and free space optic. Perform system level testing and diagnosing.
- Understand key physical phenomena that influence fiber laser performances both through experimental and theoretical analysis. Collect and analyze experimental data.
- Work closely with engineering team that includes electrical, mechanical and software engineers to identify the root causes of the interdisciplinary problems and generate creative engineering solutions.
- Understand system requirements, define components specifications and conduct component qualification test.
- Document optical design and modification, test methodology, component specifications.
- Work closely with the manufacturing team to transfer the prototype R&D design to manufacturing. Train manufacturing personnel; help resolve manufacturing and testing challenges on the production line.