Minimum BS in engineering or related discipline, MS preferred, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, optics, or materials science.
3 to 5 years engineering experience (prefer project engineering, process engineering or R&D background). Experience with 3-dimensional CAD required.
1) Strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
2) Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software, including MS Word, Excel, Access, CAD (Autodesk Inventor package preferred) to support requirements for technical reports and analytical studies.
3) Capable of reading technical documents
4) Experience in mechanical design is desired
5) Experience in process design, development and project planning is desired
6) Strong analytical, fault isolation and problem solving skills.
7) Creative, able to communicate and brainstorm ideas
8) Strong organization skills and attention to details required.
9) Must be able to control, at appropriate levels, secret, proprietary and confidential company information.
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."