Microlution is a Chicago, IL based manufacturer of small, high-precision manufacturing equipment. Microlution is a subsidiary of GF Machining Solutions that designs, builds, sells, and supports products for customers in the US and abroad. Microlution’s customers include Fortune 500 companies in biomedical, electronics, automotive, defense, and other industries. Microlution specializes in high precision laser machining for hole-drilling and micro-cutting applications with product lines that include 3 and 5-axis ultrafast laser machining centers, and multi-station laser machining centers. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a high-energy, small company atmosphere where every employee can see the direct benefits of their contributions to the success and growth of the company.
Microlution is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Service Application Engineer for our service team. As Service Application Engineer, you will have the responsibility to provide technical and application support to customers and fellow associates to maintain, repair, and develop high-speed laser CNC systems via phone, email, remote connection, and in the field. This includes product testing, troubleshooting, system analysis, maintaining records, developing procedures and documentation for testing and field service engineers, and training customers as well as fellow employees. You will be a customer facing representative of Microlution who provides service and support as the company continues to grow! You should have knowledge of, and experience in, machine tool service industries as well as application experience with laser ablation systems.
- Work with the service, applications, software, testing, and product teams as well as directly with customers to deliver best-in-class service and support
- Respond to customer service and support inquiries, especially those relating to applications, laser, scanner, and advanced machine functionality.
- Execute machine troubleshooting, service, and applications efforts
- Develop, maintain, and update service and testing documentation to stardardize procedures for setup and troubleshooting tasks to increase accuracy and efficiency of testing methods and troubleshooting in the field.
- Approximately 50% - 70% travel (of which the majority will be out-of-state travel, including international) Travel will be higher during training & development periods
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience(industrial equipment experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline preferred); or equivalent work experience
- A detailed knowledge of the following technologies:
- Electro-mechanical systems, Optics & Laser systems
- Able to read, interpret and work from assembly drawings and schematics;
- Experience with calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, hand tools & fabrication equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of different customer personnel including machine operators, manufacturing engineers and upper management
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & BENEFITS
Microlution offers an excellent benefits package including complete healthcare coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and company match, paid holidays, PTO and much more.
Microlution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.