Space Micro is a fast-paced satellite product company that is looking for candidates who thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment, some of our projects include Government Contracts.
Potential employees should have a mix of technical expertise and experience and be strongly motivated to achieve technical success on complex engineering projects. Equally as important at Space Micro is that we are looking for self-starting and self-directed candidates who can take a project or assignment and truly "own" it; they can direct themselves day-to-day and keep moving towards to a solution and/or product. The ability to multitask helps significantly since most employees will have a primary project assignment, but also be asked to consult on and review the work done on other projects at the company.
Space Micro has found that potential employees who are used to the large, multi-layered, slow, tech companies (that generate as much paper as they do products) will not truly be suitable for a career at Space Micro. If you like the idea of working on interesting projects and seeing your work from the early "conceptual" stage through to product delivery, then Space Micro will be an interesting place for you to move forward with your career.
All candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card Holders. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.
- System engineering and design validation of an inter-satellite laser communication system, focusing on fiber-optic communication technologies.
- Coordinate and review modeling, simulation, and analysis of optical communication technologies, techniques, and operational concepts.
- Participate in electrical and optical requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. optical loss, timing, power, etc.), design, integration, and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Coordinate with hardware, software and FPGA/DSP design teams to assist in overall development of optical systems, specifying, selecting and qualifying active and passive optical components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, developing and implementing test procedures and/or evaluating and selecting appropriate test instrumentation.
- Develop technical documentation including requirements, interface control, verification, and operation concept documents.
- Support the development, coordination, and presentation for optical system design reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, ORR, etc.)