At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
The Coherent Integrated Optical Systems business unit is a precision optics and optical assemblies design and manufacturing group, which specializes in high-precision aspheres for a variety of specialized applications including semiconductor and flat-panel display manufacturing, ground and space-based telescopes, defense systems and other exotic scientific and government-sponsored programs. The business encompasses the Tinsley Custom Optics product line, and is located in Richmond, CA.
- Manufactures optical components in a production environment by loading and aligning components on fabrication machines and reviewing and modifying setup parameters.
- Prepares equipment for operation by positioning and securing polishing heads, preparing tooling, and preparing and monitoring polishing slurries.
- Maintains in-process specifications and controls and determines sequence of operations based on work instructions.
- Measures part dimensions using various tools including micrometers and height gauges.
- Monitors manufacturing processes and works with engineering to evaluate and implement process improvements.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by performing scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Actively participates in building a collaborative and productive team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma is required. The ideal candidate will have completed 2 years of college or a trade school program.
- 3-5 years of experience working in an advanced manufacturing field is required. The ideal candidate will have some previous experience in optical fabrication.
- Previous experience operating precision hand tools such as micrometers and calipers is required.
- Understanding of basic shop math such as ratios, graphs, algebra, and basic geometry.
- Candidate must be able to perform frequent and sustained standing, lifting up to 50 lbs, and have sufficient visual acuity for reading computer screens and hard copy documents.