Seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary Principal Systems Engineer who wants to make a big difference and contribute to developing a state-of-the-art medical device platform. In this role you will work alongside experts in various scientific and engineering disciplines to develop breakthrough systems for ophthalmic applications. You will apply analytical problem solving and think at a systems level perspective but also understand the details of sub-system components in the form of optical, mechanical, electrical and software with emphasize on laser interactions.
- Execution of diverse engineering tasks related to the development of medical devices: from concept and development through commercialization.
- Design and build prototypes, integrate and evaluate systems.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and external vendors locally and across the globe.
- Generate requirement and specifications documents, test protocols and engineering studies. Establish inspection criteria.
- Define, develop, and document system and subsystem-level requirements and their corresponding evaluation procedures.
- Keep up to date with technology trends.
- Generate concepts and principles and investigate their feasibility for current and future products.
- Understand existing technologies in the clinic and identify and explore potential improvements.
- Evaluate and analyze ophthalmic diagnostic data.
- Develop system-level understanding and be a champion in system reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 Years of Relevant Experience or Equivalent years of directly related experience (High School +13yrs; Associates+9yrs; M.S.+2yrs; PhD+0yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Experience and proficiency with engineering development tools such as Matlab and/or LabVIEW for both development and data processing and analysis
- Experience with design, development, integration and testing of complex optical, mechanical, electrical, and software based systems
- Experience with optical systems and concepts particularly coherence and interferometry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative instincts
- Must be able to write clear reports, specifications, and proposals, and effectively discuss them with others
- The ideal candidate should have the drive and aptitude to continuously learn about new fields and technologies and implement novel solutions to problems
- Must have very good problem solving skills and attention to details
- Must be a self-starter and a fast learner
- Must work efficiently both independently and within a team
- Some travel requirements expected.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you’d like to view a copy of the Alcon’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.