IonQ is developing the world's first fully-expressive, full-stack quantum computer based on trapped ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current super computing technology to unlock the staggering potential of the quantum realm. Quantum computing is poised to reshape medicine, materials, simulation, and much more.
To support our rapid growth, we're hiring creative collaborators with top skills in their areas of expertise and a commitment to success. Located down the street from the University of Maryland, IonQ is conveniently located within walking distance from the Metro rail, which is a quick trip to Washington, DC. Our office is a bright and open workspace, in a fun, fast-paced, and exciting environment, where we value each other’s unique qualities.
Required skills and education:
- MS in Optical Engineering/Physics, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in optical modeling tools (Zemax, Code V, or equivalent)
- Gaussian beam and imaging system design
- Experience working with lasers of various types
- Basic understanding of feedback control systems
- Mechanical CAD experience
- Experience working with UV lasers and optics
- Design of lenses, micro-lenses
- Experience working with diffractive optics
- Experience working with acousto-optics, electro-optics
- Basic electronics for laser drivers, optical sensors and feedback controllers