Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The position is responsible for providing full administrative and sales support to the Thorlabs OEM Team and external OEM customers. To be successful in this role the OEM Sales Coordinator is highly process oriented and able to quickly evaluate a variety of situations to make decision that are best in line with providing world class customer service. The Sales Coordinator plays a critical role as part of a team selling structure working closely with sales engineers, project engineers and project managers, as well as internal business units, to represent the capabilities of Thorlabs manufacturing while ensuring a low friction customer experience. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Customer Order entry and Processing for Thorlabs OEM customers
- Works with internal teams to ensure customer order fulfillment is on time and to the customer expectations
- Mange key relationships with Thorlabs OEM customers to support their sales and purchasing needs
- Executing various administrative tasks related to supporting the operations and sales department, including reports, customer management using a variety of software tools including Microsoft Dynamic ERP System, CRM, MS Office programs to include but not limited to Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Serve as point of contact between Corporate Accounting and Sales Department
- Maintain office files and databases
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar and progressive position preferred. Must have good understanding of Microsoft product suite including Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Preference for ability to use intermediate functions in Excel, including generating tables, graphs and interacting with large data sets.
- High School Diploma required, strong preference for Associates or Bachelors degree
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Dynamics, CRM, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and communication tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures manuals, routine reports and various correspondences. Preferred experience working in a MRP System
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and comply with high quality standards
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law