SRI International is a nonprofit, independent research center serving government and industry. We work on some of the world’s most important problems, collaborating across technical disciplines to spark new ideas and solutions. Our research and innovations have led to new industries and products that impact people’s lives every day—from the computer mouse and interactive computing to medical ultrasound, cancer drugs, and much more.
SRI moves R&D from the laboratory to the marketplace to create high value and real innovation. And the platforms we build today are designed to meet tomorrow’s needs. For example, an artificial intelligence project for DARPA led to the development of Siri for Apple’s iPhone.
SRI International's Integrated Systems and Solutions (InSyS) Division designs and develops leading-edge R&D technology that support demanding market needs. SRI maintains a state-of-the-art portfolio that includes real-time video processors, integrated video and sensor exploitation solutions, and instrumented training systems for government and commercial sectors.
The SRI Center for Advanced Imaging is seeking an innovative, highly motivated individual to join us in the test and development of these systems. The new team member will work with Device Physicists, ASIC/Imager Designers, Mixed-Signal Hardware Engineers, FPGA Firmware Designers, and Test Engineers to develop new state of the art products in the areas of advanced imaging sensors and cameras.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Design and implement accurate and reliable electro-optical experiments, tests, systems, and procedures for R&D and production imager test and calibration requiremency
- Analyze acquired imager data to develop automated calibration, Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC), temperature compensation, and production test strategies based on imager performance and behavior.
- Develop novel NUC/calibration algorithms to be implemented in memory and/or processing-constrained hardware
- Setup laboratory equipment and experiments to accurately measure Electro-Optic performance of cameras and/or sensors
- Implement test and calibration procedures using Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and SRI custom hardware and software.
- Document results and hold peer reviews.
- Accurately and concisely present characterization results to clients, colleagues, designers, and managers
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong aptitude and experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) and algorithmic development
- Extensive experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, Visual C++/C#, and/or Image J
- Must be familiar with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, parametric analyzers
- Detail Oriented
- Curious, desire to learn and experiment. Motivated, quick learner
- Capable of multi-tasking when required
- Effective in a laboratory environment
- Good deductive reasoning skills and ability to filter important details from a larger pool of data
- Technology savvy. Able to learn new scientific and engineering concepts and perspectives quickly
- Good Documentation Habits
- Due to government contract requirements candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Beneficial experience or must be willing to learn through mentoring:
- Knowledge of CCD and CMOS imager architecture
- Knowledge and demonstration of imager characterization
- Knowledge of Electro Optic Principles and concepts with applications to imager and camera testing.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively with clients.
- Must be familiar with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, parametric analyzers.
- Knowledge of imager and camera performance parameters and tests.
How to apply: Apply via our web page www.sri.com/careers to job number 2158BR.
SRI International is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.