Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Work in a world-class engineering team to develop the next generation reticle inspection tool.
- This is a once-in-a-decade opportunity to play a key role in developing a completely new architecture next-generation reticle inspection tool, from technology evaluation and selection, specifications development, subsystem prototype and final development, product validation, verification, transfer to manufacturing, and support of customer ramp.
- Collaborate with highly-qualified specialists in multiple engineering domains to develop all servo-related elements of this new inspection system, including passive and active vibration control, beam steering, metrology and XY stage position control.
- Tasks will include: evaluating system-level concept designs through simulation; designing, testing and refining control system compensation; mechatronics subsystem breadboard integration and test; collaborating to integrate, test and optimize active elements of the complete inspection station; supporting system development through engineering and alpha tests, and customer beta testing and subsequent support during system manufacture.
- Complete the initial diagnosis of dynamics-related system issues, uncover root cause and devise solutions for complex problems.
- Support the detailed analysis and tradeoffs for the various solutions, develop plan of action, and effectively
- Some travel (< 10%) may be required to support product transition to manufacturing, beta support at customer sites, and for complex escalations that require onsite support.
- BS, MS or PhD in engineering discipline, with 2+ years of experience in servomechanism development
- Specific experience with lithographic inspection tools is preferred
- Background in simulation of dynamic systems, preferably using Matlab or Simulink
- Experience integrating, testing and optimizing performance of precision servomechanisms
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.