Opticent, Inc. (Opticent Health – www.opticenthealth.com), established in 2015, is a fast growing medical device start-up company commercializing visible-light optical coherence tomography (vis-OCT), a novel imaging modality for a variety of applications, including advanced ophthalmic diagnostics.
First developed at Northwestern University, Opticent Health’s core technologies have been embraced by leading researchers in clinical and pre-clinical ophthalmic investigations, which has fueled rapid commercial development of vis-OCT products. Opticent Health is located in Evanston IL, part of the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
The company’s management team, with guidance from its medical and technical advisory board, is expanding its engineering staff for product development and seeks highly qualified personnel.
Responsibilities You will interact closely with customers and beta users to develop, optimize, install, and test Opticent’s OCT systems o Collect user feedback and generate design inputs for future instrument designs o Perform testing and quality measurement protocols as part of formal product development process
- Domestic travel is required up to 35%
Compensation & Benefits o Competitive pay based on experience
- Full-Time salaried or part-time hourly position depending upon experience o Medical, Dental, Vision benefits plan offered for full-time salaried positions o 401(k) for full-time positions o Paid Time Off for full-time positions
- Equity participation may be offered, depending upon experience and salary expectations
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, latest CV, and salary expectation to Dr. Kieren Patel, CEO, at email@example.com.
Opticent, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualifications Ph.D. or M.S. from biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or relevant programs o Experience in OCT systems, including optical system design and integration, optical alignment, and instrument control
- Experience in OCT image reconstruction and processing o Proficiency with LabView and Matlab
- Knowledge of Python, Zemax, and Solidworks is preferred, but not required o Experience in clinical and pre-clinical ophthalmic research is preferred, but not required o No prior work experience is required; recent Ph.D./M.S. graduates are welcome