Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
As part of the TQE team, the Planner will be responsible for, but not limited to; on time delivery of OEM and catalog products by following through from customer commit to actual shipment; providing planning support for new product introduction of modules, sub-assemblies and components
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Manages the manufacturing planning process for finished goods and sub-assemblies
- Develop and maintain production plan for the assigned product lines
- Issue production orders daily to the production floor based on components and capacity availability
- Maintain and update capacity plan for different product lines.
- Analyse and maintain coverage min levels for components, sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Calculate and maintain min production order quantity based on demand and fixture.
- Keep track and maintain production lead time for sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Manage demand forecast based on historical data and yield rate.
- Supervise and report actual results against production plan.
- Monitor critical shortages, high stocks, low stocks and zero stocks
- Proactively review component/raw material supply and determine the required push/pull actions resulting from this.
- Work with purchasing to ensure that the critical components and raw materials are delivered on time
US Persons/Green Card Holders:
- Ability to work on ITAR related products
- Minimum 5 year of planning and/or scheduling experience preferably in semiconductor, telecommunications, data communications components, sub-systems and modules
- NPI planning experience preferred
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Process oriented
- Ability to think systematically
- Ability to plan and schedule products with multi-level BOMs
- Experience with complex planning, forecasting, and product lifecycle programs
- Proficiency in ERP/MRP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.