Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
As a Product Manager, you are the market, technology, product, and customer expert. You will engage deeply with customers in multiple market segments to identify opportunities, translate customer needs into product requirement specifications, and develop business plans for senior management review. As part of this process, you will oversee market research to validate and quantify opportunities as well as inform strategic planning initiatives. Following a successful business case review, you will work closely with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and finance throughout the New Product Introduction process to refine product specifications, coordinate prototype testing, develop market forecasts, and execute on product launch. You will also manage revenue and profitability goals for a portion of the existing product line through sales engagement, marketing campaigns, and price management.
- Deeply engage with customers to understand product pain points, document technical requirements/specifications, identify new opportunities, and refine market strategies
- Form a comprehensive understanding of the CO2 laser marketplace, including segment sizes & growth rates, market dynamics, macro-economic drivers, and competitive market share information
- Establish and maintain an active understanding of the competition, including product offerings, specifications, pricing, commercial strategies, sales channels, key relationships, and business models
- Connect all the dots (market data + technical requirements + customer base + opportunity size) to build and present the business case for New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Work closely with the development team throughout the NPI process to ensure that the final product meets all required specifications and satisfies customer needs
- Lead the NPI commercial strategy and execute on product launch
- Support sales by communicating with customers, developing customer-facing materials and conducting product training
- Actively manage product revenues and profitability and deploy marketing campaigns in support of business/product line goals
- Develop product pricing strategies to optimize profitability and growth
- Manage the product lifecycle from launch to obsolescence
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or similar field required.
- MBA in progress or completed is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in product management, sales, or engineering.
- Previous experience in a commercial or customer-facing role is a plus.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to translate abstract customer needs into concrete product specifications.
- Solid understanding of basic laser/optics fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.