To strengthen its Project Office in Bologna (Italy), the CTAO is seeking a
to work with other systems engineers and stakeholders to manage the requirements of the observatory.
- Manage the JAMA requirements tool.
- Work with systems engineers, domain experts and other stakeholders to capture CTAO requirements at system and subsystem levels and enter them into JAMA. Maintain these requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Implement and maintain the linkage or flow-down of requirements within JAMA.
- Support the CTAO change control process by identifying any requirements that are affected by a proposed change request.
- Implement any changes in the requirements that flow from approved change requests.
- Generate requirements specification documents by export from JAMA in preparation for their release.
- Support subsystem work package managers and systems engineers to implement and maintain their lower-level requirements in JAMA.
- Support the verification processes of the system and subsystems to ensure the coverage of all of the applicable requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Lead Systems Engineer.
Reporting to: Lead System Engineer
Duty station: The position will be based in the CTAO Headquarters in Bologna, Italy. It will require occasional travel of up to about 2 trips per year, and with durations of a few days to a week, to CTAO and contributors’ sites in Europe and elsewhere.
What we offer: This position is full-time and is funded for the duration of the CTAO construction project (minimum 5 years) with the possibility to transition to an operations position. Contractual details and salary are subject to negotiation.
Deadline for applications is March 1st, 2024.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Dr Nick Whyborn, firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on CTAO: Home - Cherenkov Telescope Array (cta-observatory.org)
Applications are accepted without distinction on any grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, gender identity, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.