Photonics Solutions Division (PSD)
Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Photonics Solutions Division. Spectra-Physics combines groundbreaking laser technologies with deep application expertise to deliver industry leading lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications. Ophir specializes in laser and LED measurement products, including laser power and energy meters and laser beam profilers. Ophir also provides high-performance IR thermal imaging lenses and optical elements as well as optics for CO2 and high-power fiber laser material processing. Newport provides a full range of solutions including precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonic instruments, optical and opto-mechanical components. MKS PSD solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets. As of July 15, 2021, PSD is happy to welcome Photon Control to the team.
The Equipment Solutions Business is now part of the Photonics Solutions Division.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
We are looking for an exceptional Manufacturing Engineering Manager who can...
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of existing optical manufacturing methods
- Ensure effective implementation of new optical manufacturing processes
- Build strong relationships and collaborates with optical engineering and optical manufacturing operations
- Provide leadership and develops a team of approximately 10 optical manufacturing technicians and engineers
- Develop Systems to maintain reports and record keeping of company products
- Make certain effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimal cost
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Pay Range: 93,100 to 172,900 per year. This range is a good faith estimate of the expected salary range for this position, based on a wide range of factors including qualifications, experience and training, operational and business needs and other considerations permitted by law. At MKS, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for the role.
Bonus: This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, in an amount to be determined by MKS [or as applicable].
Benefits: MKS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) with company match, life and disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, sick time, 15 paid vacation days, [6 weeks fully paid] parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement [and for participation in any stock programs, signing bonus, etc.].
MKS is an equal opportunity employer, including disability, veteran status and all categories protected by law. Please review our EOE statements for additional details.
What you will bring to the team, along with your engineering prowess is...
- B.S. or M.S in science or engineering related field
- 5+ years experience Optical Fabrication, Optical Systems, or Optical Alignment
- 2+ years experience supervisory/management of a manufacturing engineering team, preferred
- Ability to manage a team and drive success-based goals
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and implementation; Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
We are interested in a qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not be sponsoring work visas for this position, at this time.