Forward Photonics, located just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, is at the forefront of laser technology, specializing in the development and production of innovative high-power diode laser systems. We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Laser Engineer to join our team, focusing on conducting experiments and R&D, as well as the assembly, alignment, and testing of our advanced laser systems.
The Laser Engineer will play a crucial role in building complex optical and laser systems. This role involves extensive hands-on work in a lab environment, building, aligning, and testing our lasers. The engineer will also conduct laser-based experiments and measure key laser specifications, contributing significantly to the design and improvement of our products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in building and aligning complex laser systems, particularly high-power applications.
- Basic understanding of optical design and analysis
- Excellent communication and documentation skills for effective collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment, working closely with optical engineers and other technical staff.
- Project management experience or the ability to lead experimental projects.
- Adaptability and eagerness to learn new technologies and methods in laser engineering.
- Experience with developing products for the defense industry.
If you are a driven individual ready to tackle challenging roles in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply. At Forward Photonics, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to cutting-edge projects and shape the future of laser technology. If you are interested in applying, please submit your information to Dr. Jeff Shattuck, email@example.com.
At Photonics West? Come visit our booth #2560 to meet and talk with directly with someone!
- Degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with a focus on laser technology or photonics.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Experience with lasers or optics
- Experience with a laboratory environment
- Proficiency in conducting laser-based experiments and handling optical components.
- Ability to measure and analyze laser parameters such as power, beam quality, divergence, and modal shapes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to laser engineering.
- Knowledge of laser safety protocols and industry standards.