Forward Photonics, based just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, is at the forefront of laser technology, specializing in the development and production of innovative high-power diode laser systems. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Mechanical or Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This role involves designing and developing advanced opto-mechanical systems and components for our next-generation high-power diode laser systems.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in designing overall laser systems and critical components, targeting low Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP), while focusing on thermal management, structural integrity, and optical stability. Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists, you will contribute to the development of state-of-the-art laser and optical systems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fundamental understanding of optical physics and related fields and a strong background in lasers, optics, and electro-optical systems.
- Experience in design of complex technical systems, preferably in aerospace, defense, or related industries.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of high-power laser systems, particularly with expertise in opto-mechanical components, assemblies, and thermal management and knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes relevant to high-power laser systems.
- Experience with SolidWorks software suite.
- Proven ability to handle complex design challenges and innovate in problem-solving.
- Excellent attention to detail and precision in component alignment and assembly.
- Strong communication skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Project management skills and the ability to work within timelines and budget constraints.
- Experience managing an engineering team.
If you are a driven individual ready to tackle challenging roles in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply. At Forward Photonics, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to cutting-edge projects and shape the future of laser technology. If you are interested in applying, please submit your information to Dr. Jeff Shattuck, email@example.com.
At Photonics West? Come visit our booth #2560 to meet and talk with directly with someone!
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Opto-Mechanics, or a related field.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Proficiency in a design software, simulation tools and/or finite element analysis.
- Strong mechanical engineering background.
- 10+ years of work experience in engineering of complex technical systems.
- Print generation and procurement management.