Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
Ensuring the highest level of quality is what Radiant is all about, dedication to excellence is our driving force. As the Quality Manager, you will be at the forefront of ensuring that Radiant upholds the highest standards of quality in our products and services, to include supporting the team that maintains our high standards in the face of rapid feature expansion. This pivotal role involves leading a dynamic team through verifying product performance and maintaining quality systems, to ensure rapid response to our global customer demand.
The position involves the implementation of corporate wide quality systems to generate the gold standard for quality products in our industry, including both hardware and software. This is a position which requires expert level quality management skills, superior organizational, problem solving, and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to implement quality initiatives, sustain those initiatives, and create a culture of continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and enhance product quality performance, ensuring alignment with the Quality System, customer expectations, and regulatory standards. Identify opportunities for improvement and drive initiatives for sustained excellence.
- Manage, respond to, and report on Customer complaints and field failures. Track issues to resolution, implementing corrective actions, and conducting thorough failure analysis reports by tracking to resolution, including corrective actions and failure analysis reports.
- Oversee the resolution of complex technical problems, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective solutions.
- Play a vital role in new product development, leading quality-related activities such as Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Manage and mentor QA Engineers and team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement. Provide guidance and coaching to staff, ensuring their professional development.
- Work with various teams to ensure final design verification and supporting systems are being implemented to provide the data required to manage quality and reliability.
- Implement and maintain corporate-wide quality systems to establish the gold standard for quality products in the industry. Develop and sustain ISO-17025 and ISO-9001 Quality Management Systems, obtaining and maintaining necessary certifications.
- Oversee material return processing, validate and test design changes, and lead the material review for component disposition.
- Validate and test design changes, and process changes.
- Work closely with Materials Management to assess supplier performance and take appropriate actions to maintain quality standards. Lead material review board to disposition rejected components and sub-assemblies.
- Train newly hired engineers on quality concepts and tools. Collaborate with various teams to ensure final design verification and supporting systems are aligned with quality and reliability goals.
- Manage the controlled document system, ensuring accuracy and accessibility of critical information.
- Work closely with Materials Management to assess supplier performance and take appropriate actions to maintain quality standards.
- Complete customer surveys.
Desired Skills & Experience
- S. Degree in an Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science or Mathematics discipline.
- For this Quality Assurance Manager role, a candidate must have at least 8-10 years of proven experience in a manager level role, showcasing leadership, departmental oversight, mentoring, and training capabilities.
- Interface effectively with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, and production managers in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to investigate and root cause complex issues.
- Exhibit excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation, such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, ISO/TS 16949; AS9100.
- Engage in international and domestic travel, approximately 10% of the time, to support global quality initiatives.
This job description shows the general scope of responsibilities for the position. Additional responsibilities can be added or deleted on an on-going basis. A job description does not constitute an employment contract.
Compensation | Min 140K to Max 150K
This position is eligible for experience specific compensation ranges based on candidate experience, compensation will be aligned and determined based on this criteria. Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits @ Radiant
Radiant Vision Systems offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base compensation, an incentive target bonus (for non-commission eligible positions; the payout is based on both the company's performance and the employee’s performance), time off (vacation, sick leave, and floating holiday), parental leave, medical dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k to include a matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting. Learn more about Radiant’s benefits by visiting our Careers Page. These benefits are designed to support our employees’ well-being, financial security, and work-life balance.