SPIE is the international society for optics and photonics founded in 1955 to advance light-based technologies. Serving more than 225,600 constituents from 150 countries, the Society advances emerging technologies through interdisciplinary information exchange, continuing education, publications, patent precedent, and career and professional growth. SPIE annually organizes and sponsors approximately 25 major technical forums, exhibitions, and education programs in North America, Europe, Asia, and the South Pacific.
SPIE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SPIE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Our BI engineers are at the heart of building technical solutions that transform information into business opportunities.
The team builds technical solutions such as reporting to provide our stakeholders with actionable insights for data driven business decisions. As a member of this team, you will leverage technologies from source to target ranging from CRM D365 to SQL server SQL Server Analysis/Reporting/Integration Services (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS), SQL/TSQL, Azure cloud, and visualization tools such as Excel and Power BI.
We’re currently utilizing Microsoft SQL Server tools to operate our data warehouse. You will be part of the team upgrading the data warehouse to Azure cloud implementing technical solutions using Azure Storage, Integration Runtimes, Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, writing code in Apache Spark notebooks/Databricks to name a few.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA in Management Information Systems (MIS) or BS in Computer Science, or equivalent, relevant experience required. MA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related position and 3 year advanced experience with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services/Azure Cloud technology is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Azure cloud (ADF, Synapse, ADLS) or equivalent.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI): SPIE recognizes that diversity and inclusion drive innovation, excellence, and new knowledge. Bringing together people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives makes us stronger and supports our mission. We offer a collaborate work environment and strive to create a culture of belonging for all our employees.
Compensation and Benefits package includes:
- Competitive wages, annual discretionary bonus. Pay Rage $106,900/yr to $155,000/yr
- Medical, dental & vision benefits provided (100% employer paid premium for the employee, 75% employer paid premium for the dependents).
- Defined retirement contribution: SPIE provides an automatic 5% contribution PLUS SPIE offers UP to 5% matching contributions and 100% vested immediately
- Paid Time Off plan beginning at 31 days per year.
- Health savings accounts are partially funded by SPIE.
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent care and dental/vision expenses available.
- Employee life & disability insurance provided, dependent life insurance & Long Term Care insurance available through payroll deduction.
- Many learning & development opportunities including tuition reimbursement & leadership development.
Location: Physical work location in Bellingham, WA. Occasional telecommuting may be available for this position.
Culture: In alignment with our mission and values as a technical society, we follow scientific findings and science-based best practices and comply with public health guidance. SPIE has adopted a mandatory Covid vaccine policy. We are located in Bellingham, WA where you will find the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, incredible scenery, strong schools, great breweries, and more, making this an amazing place to work and live.
Please send a resume & cover letter, indicating how your experience & qualifications match the requirements & why you will be successful in this position to:
Apply online: www.spie.jobs
All materials must be received by 5 p.m. March 31, 2023.
SPIE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SPIE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.