|Spectrum Scientific, Inc, Irvine, CA, United States|
Spectrum Scientific, Inc (SSI) has been manufacturing high volume flat, aspheric and freeform reflective optics, hollow retroreflectors and holographic diffraction gratings since 2004. We primarily use the optical replication process in our manufacturing allowing us to supply high fidelity, high specification precision optics at a lower cost compared to traditional volume manufacturing.
This is a key role in an SMB manufacturing high volume optical components for the Life Science, Space & Defence, Photonics, Metrology and Telecom industries.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design of opto and opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Design and develop optical and opto-mechanical assemblies and sub-systems.
- Design and build prototypes, create detailed drawings and instructions for production.
- Create product technical requirements and specifications.
- Creation and management of technical documentation (CAD drawings, BOMs, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Purchasing.
- Work with a multi-disciplined team of engineers and technicians as well as working on independent projects.
- Provide technical support and work with manufacturing and sales and marketing to meet customer requirements.
Ideally educated to Degree or Master’s level in Opto-mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering ideally with at least 2 years of related experience.
- Practical experience and understanding of optics and opto-mechanical best practices.
- Hands on experience with assembly, test and measurement of optics and optical assemblies.
- Understanding of optical concepts.
- Possess strong, problem-solving skills with the ability to collect and analyze complex data, using mathematical and statistical analysis tools.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in MS Office applications - outlook, excel, PowerPoint & word, as well as knowledge of SolidWorks and ideally Zemax.
- Good presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels throughout the business.
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to consider all views impartially.
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-managed whist at the same time being a team player.
- Right to work in the USA.