Business Development & Technical Application Manager- Optics, Semi-Conductors
|Ecoclean Group, Detroit, Arizona, East Coast, Other options possible, MI, United States|
The SBS Ecoclean Group develops, produces, and markets forward-looking machinery, systems and services for applications involving industrial parts cleaning and degreasing, ultrasonic precision parts cleaning, high-pressure water jet deburring, surface preparation and surface treatment. Its globally leading solutions help companies around the world in conducting efficient and sustainable manufacturing to high quality standards. The client base comes from a broad range of market sectors like the industrial mass and precision manufacturing, the automotive industry with its suppliers, the aircraft & aerospace industry, medical technology and medical device, optics, and high-tech & high purity sector. The Group's success is based on innovation, cutting-edge technology, sustainability, closeness to the customer, diversity, and respect. The Group employs a workforce of around 900 at its 12 sites in nine countries worldwide.
With Ecoclean’s global expansion of portfolio solutions into the Precision Optics industries, Semi-Conductors, and similar High Precision Manufacturing (HPO) areas, this new position ideally would fit a process oriented and manufacturing minded individual, keen on being the North American lead technical and application source for project activities, university and research engagement and mentoring the US organization and resources toward growing our reputation and technical awareness into the industry.
This role is also responsible for assigned customer accounts which includes analyzing and defining customer and market needs, developing, and implementing the initiatives to define, inform and educate the sales force and customers on Ecoclean portfolio best practices and solutions. This individual may lead and provide training to other sales and service professionals within the Ecoclean group.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage business development activities to generate new business/solutions in Optic and related industries throughout North America, working closely with Global Business Development Team.
- Work closely with Global Business Development and other Account Managers to support specific related applications and projects.
- Co-Manage lead generation activities and follow-up.
- Develop business cases for partnerships and collaboration with customers and suppliers, outlining opportunities for growth and expanding our market share.
- Conduct market analyses of Optic and related industries, identifying different segments within the industries and compiling comprehensive data to allow for strategy development.
- Prepare and implement marketing strategy for specific industries; work with Director of Sales and Marketing Coordinator to ensure marketing activities align with company programs and initiatives.
- Monitor/manage and update established and new accounts and projects utilizing and regularly updating our internal CRM tool.
- Pro-actively prepare for business meetings and guests visits to portray a professional image to customers.
- Prepare quotes, proposals, service contracts and other required documents in order to complete a sale
- Participate with Project Management in identifying project milestones, examining potential operational issues/risks, outlining, and proposing solutions and identifying actions.
- Establish and maintain long term, positive working relationships with internal team members and customers.
- Coordinate activities and training of external sales representatives (if applicable).
- Assist in achieving Ecoclean’s strategic objectives by aligning resources with goals and pursuing opportunities that meet the department’s objectives.
- Keep updated with industry trends and developments, competitor’s activities, and future customer projects.
- Maximize productivity by organizing resources to meet business demands and positioning the appropriate skill sets for maximum problem anticipation and resolution.
- Participate and help Marketing Coordinator in planning and organization of marketing activities such as trade shows, seminars, marketing campaigns and industry associations.
- Interact professionally with customers and suppliers, ability to resolve conflict while keeping relationships intact.
- Follow all Ecoclean company policies and procedures diligently and effectively.
- Other duties as assigned. (or duties the candidate might add to the role given its evolving nature)
- Conduct and or facilitate cleaning tests for customer-specific components from the fields of optics, semiconductor manufacturing and other Misc High Purity or Precision applications
- Prepare/collaborate with Global Lab personnel on reports of test results. Present and discuss the results, both internally as well as with our customers
- Participation and cooperation in the further development and optimization of existing cleaning processes
- Explain the cleaning processes to internal employees as well as to customers in terms that appropriate to each audience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of, or ability to learn the manufacturing processes related to the specific assigned industries.
- Ability to adapt to tight timelines, work with limited resources and still deliver on time and within scope.
- Ability and willingness to learn about new products and components quickly and effectively in order to meet market demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High analytical and organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to organize and prioritize tasks, make appropriate decisions, and be comfortable in a setting where schedules and priorities change daily.
- Understand and possess the ability to communicate technical concepts to other team members and customers.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with little direction and/or supervision.
- Basic understanding of financial and logistics concepts.
Special Position Requirements
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to find solutions to customer requirements.
- Advanced leadership capabilities and an ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Domestic and/or international travel to customer sites and/or other Ecoclean sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Science (Material or Chemistry) (with fundamental Optics/Semiconductor Production understanding would be desirable)
- Basic Working knowledge of industry manufacturing processes before and after cleaning application
- Intermediate level of knowledge of industrial technical terms and principles, with the ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook (required), Excel (Intermediate level), Word (Advanced level), PowerPoint (Advanced level).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Basic level) or other CRM system is highly desirable.
- Must have adequate finger dexterity for drafting and computer use.
- The position involves reading, writing, mathematics and measuring.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and have the ability to stand extended periods of time.
- Work primarily is done in an office area using a computer, and sometimes equipment placed in his or her work area related to projects he or she is currently working on.
- Constant visit to customer facilities (offices and manufacturing sites).
- May be expected to work on a manufacturing shop floor, which could involve exposure to hazards.
- Work surfaces may be slippery, uneven, or unstable.
- Shop temperatures may not always be controlled and could vary from hot to cold, depending on the season.