Thorlabs continues to grow its presence in the photonics marketplace. The “Inside Sales Representative” works within a fast-paced sales team and is responsible for qualifying leads, developing sales opportunities, and managing volume pricing requests, account management, and building long-lasting relationships with our customers. The inside sales representative will ensure accuracy of data within Thorlabs CRM system and assist with or lead the execution of proactive sales initiatives.Inside sales is a part of the larger Sales and Technical Services department, requiring a strong affinity for team selling. This role will work with a diverse set of internal stakeholders that spans Thorlabs’ global footprint. These teams can include, among others, system sales, custom solutions, regional account managers, and engineering. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work as a part of a larger team with a shared mission to support Thorlabs’ growing diverse customer base.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and Qualify Incoming Sales and Technical Requests
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Act as a direct point of contact to address customer’ unique needs
- Ability to understand a customer’s unique needs, resolve conflicts, and find a solution that meets or exceeds these needs.
- Work closely with new and existing Thorlabs customers to build meaningful long-term relationships and identify new opportunities to serve their needs
- Work with global sales teams to deploy and manage sales campaigns within given regions, industries, or research fields
- Commitment to monitor, update, and maintain CRM data including leads, opportunities, sales campaigns and customer follow-ups
- Support sales admin team on quotes and order processing as needed
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
- Commitment to Continuously Learn About Thorlabs Diverse Product Portfolio
- May have Opportunities to Travel to Customer Sites and Tradeshows
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.