Intuitive®, headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., was founded in 1995 to create innovative, robotic-assisted systems that help empower doctors and hospitals to make surgery less invasive than an open approach. Since da Vinci® became one of the first robotic-assisted systems cleared by the FDA for general laparoscopic surgery, it’s taken robotic-assisted surgery from concept to reality. Working with doctors and hospitals, we’re continuing to develop new, minimally invasive surgical platforms and future diagnostic tools to help solve complex healthcare challenges around the world. Innovating for minimally invasive care. It’s the passion that drives us at Intuitive.
Job Title: Future Forward – XR Research Intern
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Primary Function of Position
We are seeking a summer intern to join the Research team. The intern will assist in the implementation, documentation, and testing of the next generation product development environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Development and evaluation of high quality prototype concepts.
- Development of novel Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) concepts to integrate with future products.
- Development of a modular software framework to explore various AR and MR concepts on display technologies from various vendors.
- Perform usability testing and generate reports that help guide the future development.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training: