Creative Micro (CMC) specializes in advanced technology development with a deep level of expertise across a broad set of disciplines. We identify new technology concepts in-house and produce new solutions to customer defined challenges.
CMC has been in business for over 25 years researching, developing, prototyping, and producing micro- and nano-scale technologies and devices. We are a small company, highly responsive to our customer's needs and our employee’s goals. We push the limits of microfabrication and nanotechnology for a range of industrial, consumer and government applications.
With decades of accumulated know-how in optics and micro-electronics engineering, CMC has well as established relationships with industry and academic partners. We focus on Optics, Displays, Augmented Reality, Head Up Displays, Imaging Systems, Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning, Information Processing, Nanotechnology, Materials, Miniaturization, Extreme Environments. We pride ourselves on diversity and a high quality of life. We’re a small team with big capabilities working in close collaboration.
If you have R&D, Optical, Mechanical, Software/Firmware, Process, and/or Electrical Engineering talent, we'd love to hear from you! We offer a fast-paced environment where your contributions will make an impact, and a high quality of life in the pristine mountains of Vermont.
CMC has an IMMEDIATE NEED for an OPTICAL DESIGN ENGINEER AND A PROCESS ENGINEER.
Visit our website: https://www.creativemicro.com/
OPTICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
This position is for an Optical Design Engineer with experience in rapid development, test and integration, and unconventional problem solving. Demonstrated success with complex designs that were rapidly developed is a plus. This position will assist in the development of advanced optical display and imaging systems.
- Developing, improving, analyzing, and integrating optical systems at various stages of product development
- Assisting with, designing, and/or troubleshooting existing optical set ups for micro- and nano-fabrication
- Assisting with and/or designing optical metrology and characterization set ups in lab and clean room environments
- Assisting with and/or generating optical simulations and models
- Providing a range of support within expertise to the entire product development team
- Developing, reviewing, and providing input to technical documents (Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), System Requirements, Interface Control, System Specifications, User’s Manuals, internal datasheets and references).
- Masters or PhD Degree and 4+ years of experience, or,
- BS with 10+ years of experience
- Imaging systems, lens design, modeling, lithography, diffractive optics & lasers
- Experience in: holographic/diffractive optics,
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. (We do not sponsor employment visas).
- Microscopy & lasers
- Extensive LEDs, lasers, imaging systems, involving the entire optical spectrum
- Proficiency in optical modeling software (ZEMAX)
- Proficiency in RCWA technique