Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Thin-film Equipment and Photonics.
In our Thin-film Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently.
In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 408-496-2834 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. Intevac Website: www.intevac.com
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for all aspects of supply chain management including procurement, planning, inventory management, shipping, receiving and development and maintenance of supply base relationships, strategic sourcing and contract negotiations for various commodities. Responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of materials for the Photonics Division at Intevac. The Supply Chain Manager will facilitate and/or lead projects and meetings towards innovative material cost reduction strategies. Responsibilities include working closely with suppliers as well as cross functional teams in Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Program Management and Legal departments resulting in strategic supplier relationships that achieve cost-effective procurement decisions for the company.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the Photonics supply chain, materials planning/inventory, purchasing and shipping/receiving.
- Manage multiple complex projects and priorities under tight deadlines.
- Directs activities of buyers, planners, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving to accomplish company objectives.
- Monitors cost, schedule and performance of Photonics supply base.
- Monitors and works with Photonics engineering and customers to resolve obsolescence issues and concerns.
- Support proposal activities with RFQ/RFPs for detailed costing analysis.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities and risks related to product design, strategic sourcing and business plans.
- Must have persistent attention to detail and follow through to ensure all material and informational needs are met for manufacturing build plans, customer proposal responses and program management needs.
- Identify sourcing opportunities, implement cost savings and cost avoidance.
- BA or equivalent, along with 5-10 years' experience in Strategic Sourcing or Supply Chain Management.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational and communications skills across all departments and levels and ability to multitask and manage several complex issues simultaneously.
- Experience with FAR and Government Contracting.
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers, PCB/PCBA and components sourcing a plus.
- Knowledge of Expandable Manufacturing Software a
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills. Creative problem solver, who seeks positive, executable solutions.
- US citizenship required.