Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs encourages its employees to grow during their time with the organization by providing several benefits. Our benefits include full tuition assistance, internal advancement opportunities, health insurance (Thorlabs pays up to 75%), eye care and dental, 401k, and several wellness programs.
This position is responsible to significantly increase sales of the Thorlabs Imaging System products and increase brand awareness as well as market presence in key geographic territory. The candidate must have a solid life science background with focus on microscopy.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop key account sales strategy to increase market share and improve brand awareness
- Identify opportunities in new markets and develop strategies to increase revenue in these markets
- Negotiate and close complex projects in a systematic, pragmatic and logical manner
- Foster relationships with existing customers to improve customer experience
- Manage sales opportunities and other sales metrics using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Provide market feedback in support of new product development
- Attend major tradeshows and manage leads generated
- Attend local product shows at key accounts to generate leads
- Acquire in depth knowledge of complete product line to support installation, training, and other customer inquiries
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in capital equipment sales; preferably but not limited to microscopes, multi-photon microscopy, and other imaging modalities.
- College Degree with Biology, Neuroscience, or Cellular Biology degrees preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to listen actively, to communicate clearly to cope with conflicts and to initiate solutions. Is able to initiate communication, to summarize results, to drive processes
- Willing to constantly learn new technologies, new applications and new developed products
- Ability to present technical materials to large variety of audiences at different knowledge levels.
- Ability to work in a sales team environment
- Superb organizational skills are a must.
Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time.