Laser Operations LLC / QPC Lasers Division, is a leader in manufacturing high performance diode lasers for medical, industrial and consumer applications. QPC's products are based on proprietary technologies, notably its Brigthlase® and Brightlock® diode designs which provide unequalled diode brightness and spectral control and offer significant improvements in size, weight and cost compared to competing technologies.
Laser Operations LLC / QPC Lasers Division, the leading manufacturer of high performance diode lasers for medical, industrial, automotive and defense applications, is seeking a qualified engineering professional to join our team as a Process Engineer. The position, which is located at our factory in the San Fernando Valley, will support our ongoing and rapidly growing laser manufacturing business activities. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Research and Development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and manage semiconductor fabrication technicians and laser assembly/test operators
- Develop, maintain and improve diode laser fabrication and packaging processes
- Monitor and manage process quality, product reliability and manufacturing throughput
- Design tooling for laser test and assembly
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality groups
Our company offers highly competitive salaries and benefits and a friendly, creative work environment where one can work with leaders in the field.
- Bachelors or higher degree in electrical or chemical engineering, material science, optics, physics, chemistry or related field
- Good organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Immigration/citizenship status compatible with participation in ITAR controlled projects
- Industrial or academic experience in semiconductor processing is a plus but is not required
- Experience supervising operators in a light manufacturing environment will be helpful