QPC Lasers Inc. is a leader in manufacturing high performance diode lasers for medical, industrial and consumer applications. QPC's products are based on proprietary technologies, notably its Brigthlase® and Brightlock® diode designs which provide unequalled diode brightness and spectral control and offer significant improvements in size, weight and cost compared to competing technologies.
The Laser Manufacturing Engineer will supervise manufacturing technicians and lead the production of a variety of high power diode laser modules and subsystems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The position requires the ability to operate with limited direct daily instruction and to apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the production of a variety of high power diode laser modules and subsystems
- Supervise or provide technical support to laser technicians
- Develop and evaluate new procedures, processes and work instruction
- Test and qualify lasers and laser components
- Continuous improvement of quality, reliability and performance of QPC laser products
- Competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, FSA/HSA, vacation and sick time.
- Work environment is productive, creative and friendly.
- S. or higher degree in Photonics, Optics, Physics, Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 2 years of experience in optics/lasers is preferred, industrial laser experience is a plus
- Hand-on optical laboratory skills including optical handling, assembly, and alignment.
- Thorough knowledge of optical and electrical test equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.