The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our outstanding team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
- You will apply previous experience in optical physics to design, develop, and integrate chip-scale photonics into an ion trap-based quantum computing platform
- You will also be expected to assist in developing new concepts, write project proposals, and develop new technologies for future products
- Work closely in a team to provide technical expertise on complex laser and optical beam delivery products
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years' Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC or integrated optical circuit: design, fabrication and/or characterization) experience (PhD/Masters inclusive)
- Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Honeywell. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status
- PhD in Physics or Engineering
- PIC component level design using photonic simulation tools such as: FDTD or optical mode solver (lumerical/COMSOL/RSoft/MATLAB or similar tools)
- Experience designing and testing micro optical systems
- Experience with integrated optics, lumerical modelling for photonics waveguides and chip-scale photonics
- Knowledge of on-chip photonics, wafer fabrication and fiber-to-chip coupling
- Experience with laser systems, including diode lasers and optical cavities
- Knowledge of opto-electronic devices, including photodetectors and lasers
- Working knowledge of control systems and signal processing
- Ability to perform simulation and modelling to inform experiments
- Experience with cryogenic systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with published results within their field of research
- Experience working within a team environment
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range(Mid-Max): $100,000 - $150,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.