As photonic IC packaging engineer you are responsible for the development of photonic IC (PIC) packaging and assembly processes including the assembly equipment set up.
- Act as project lead for customer projects
- Translate customer requirements in specific assembly process designs
- Design of optical interconnection processes (manual, semi-automated and fully automated) between optical fibers and PICs and between PICs and other optical chips (detectors, gain sections, lasers).
- Optimize product designs in cooperation with product design engineers to optimize manufacturability.
- Design assembly set ups for validation and prototyping of the assembly processes.
- Specification and selection of (optical) parts for assembly and test set ups.
- Building and iterating assembly and test set ups.
- Defining and implementing assembly processes on semi-automated assembly machines (including script-based programming).
- Building prototypes.
What we offer you
- A position in the new area of photonic IC packaging, a vibrant area with many exciting challenges and developments.
- An opportunity to develop PHIX, together with us, into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A talented and diverse group of passionate people working in an open culture.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: Petra Rodriguez (email@example.com)
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.