Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Scientific Company, the central Research Lab of Teledyne Technologies, is a cutting edge R&D organization with more than 50 years of legacy of new technology development and transition. The company has world class laboratories and facilities, and a highly dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
Teledyne Scientific Company has an immediate opening at its Thousand Oaks, CA facility for an entry-level Member of Technical Staff–Research Scientist position in the Integrated Solutions and Systems Division. The Division is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge technologies in energy storage and power systems.
- Design, develop, and test power electronics circuits and power conversion systems, including PCB layout and simulation
- Support power supply integration and demonstration of high power battery and hybrid energy storage systems and high energy laser systems
- Design, develop, demonstrate, and validate prototype test units for new concepts
- Work with team to understand system requirements based on customer needs, identify solution space, and identify technology development, maturation, and transition path
- Collaborate with management and technical team to generate new ideas and development plans, including pursuit of R&D opportunities as required
- Build intellectual property portfolio and publish new findings, as appropriate
Desired skills, experience, and qualities:
- Strong background in analog circuit design, power and control electronics, with hands-on experience in lab environment, instrumentation, test equipment, and design tools
- Proficiency with circuit simulators, such as PSPICE
- Familiarity with cutting edge semiconductor device technologies, such as wide bandgap SiC and GaN electronics, and willingness to learn about advanced power semiconductors and their implementation
- Basic understanding of power supply topologies, drive circuits, PWM control, feedback, DSP and FPGA-based controls for various high power and pulsed power applications
- Ability to simultaneously cover a wide range of electrical engineering problems and challenges, and develop technology portfolios on the core activities
- Passion for new technology development and creative thinking
- Excellent technical judgment, data analysis, planning and interpretation skills
- Willingness to take complete responsibility of assigned duties and ability to work in a team environment, without much day-to-day supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with highly dynamic cross-functional project teams
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with < 2 years of experience (or Ph.D. candidates close to thesis submission) or a M.S. with > 5 years of relevant industry experience
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.