Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Quality Engineer who can provide leadership on matters related to quality to counterparts in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Engineering.
What you will do is:
- Apply strong problem-solving skills to determine root cause(s) and follow through of robust corrective and preventive action in a timely manner using 8D process
- Conduct or support Design FMEA and Process FMEA as well as Control Plans
- Use statistical methodology to analyze data and implement action plans for control. Establish and maintain key parameters for control of process using SPC in manufacturing
- Coach and lead cross-functional teams for Kaizen/Lean/Six Sigma improvement projects
- Perform internal and external QMS audits with timely closure of findings
- Produce clear and concise documents including procedures, reports, training materials and quality records
What you bring to the team, along with organizational skills is your:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, material science, or equivalent and 5+ years of Quality / Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Technical knowledge applicable to photonics, optics, opto-mechanical and electro-optical, lasers and motion/vibration control (highly desirable)
- Experience in Test Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Design Engineering (highly desirable)
- Customer / Supplier interaction experience
- Experience with Quality and Reliability methodologies and tools such as 8D, FAI, FMEA, DMAIC, Gage R&R, DFx, DOE, Six Sigma, etc.
- Familiarity with interferometry, spectrophotometry and surface analytical metrology plus the ability to use optical inspection equipment
- Experience with Supplier Source Inspection and Supplier Audits (desirable).