Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Master Scheduler who can work cross functionally to prepare and oversee a monthly production schedule and drive alignment, delivery and inventory results within the business unit. You will leverage your leadership skills to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. As a Master Scheduler, you will be able to exercise good judgment to analyze supply and demand trends, evaluate factors and select methods to gain improved results. MKS Instruments is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will develop standard procedures, scheduling and related strategies and drive continuous improvement. A self-directed, collaborative candidate will be able to work within the established framework and help the company navigate enhancements to improve business results.
- Manage and load Master Production Schedules (MPS) to meet business objectives and highlight demand, labor and material needs and constraints, and other variables to management
- Use statistical analysis and LEAN/Six Sigma methods to develop solutions
- Compare forecasts to historical demand and deviations to develop improved forecast accuracy
- Communicate plans and oversee execution to the broader organization
- Develop and maintain product groupings and individual product forecasts and demand plans
- Implement production and forecasting strategies and tactics via Bills of Material (BOM), Kanban, safety stock and other means to meet customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventories
What you will bring to the team, along with your leadership skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning, coordinating and scheduling production operations or an equivalent combination of work-related experience
- Experience and knowledge with S&OP, ERP systems, DRP/MRP and Planning BOM’s is highly desired
- Background in labor and equipment capacity planning is preferred
- Supply Chain certification preferred (APICS, ISM or CPSM)
- Understanding of production plans and rough-cut capacity planning would be useful