Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
Our Product Sales team is a diverse group of optical, electrical, and mechanical engineers and scientists who engage with the broadest range of customers imaginable – every day we learn something new by helping our customers solve challenging optics and photonics problems and develop technology to improve the human condition and make the world a better and safer place. We are often the first to interact with a customer that has visited our website or called our 800 number, making us a key technical resource to support new sales or answer questions related to a product they already own. If you have a passion for selling, learning new technology, providing best-in-class technical support and a great customer experience, we invite you to join us as a Senior Product Sales Engineer. In addition to your enthusiasm, you will bring to our team your:
- Curiosity to learn our products, identify our customer’s needs, and share our value propositions leading to new sales opportunities.
- Desire to provide excellent sales and technical support to qualify leads, converting those with potential to sales opportunities
- Keen mind focused on providing custom solutions and solving customer issues as they deploy our products
- Commitment to documenting the details of your interactions in Salesforce and other applications to ensure all stakeholders are informed and up to date
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Sales Engineer who has…
- A BS degree related to Optics, Photonics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics. Though an advanced degree is desirable, we will consider those without a degree who have equivalent experience
- Experience in atomic, molecular and optical physics (AMO); spectroscopy, quantum optics, laser cooling & trapping or other photonics or optics related research desirable.
- Demonstrated success in a customer-facing role with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated consultative and collaborative skills to partner and consult with our sales and product teams
- Proficient computer, software, and data analysis skills including Salesforce, SAP, Microsoft Office or equivalent programs
- Demonstrated initiative, resiliency, flexibility, time-management, and organizational skills