Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Director, Global Commodity Management who can manage a global team of commodity managers responsible for defining and managing commodity strategies for third-party products. You will have global responsibility for driving competitive commodity supply strategies to achieve lowest Total cost of ownership, reduced working capital, Value Engineering and single source mitigation. You will manage supplier performance and ensure supply continuity.
- Leads and defines commodity strategies, including sourcing and implementation plans across multiple product lines and regions.
- Manages cross-functional teams using spend data analytics, market research, benchmarks, and cost modeling to define category strategies and to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the organization.
- Guides team through contract negotiation and global execution.
- Provides advice and guidance to functional management or business functions on strategies, projects, and value generating programs.
- Develops and sustains supplier relationships through direct interaction, responsiveness and accountability and tracks and manages supplier performance.