PhD or equivalent in a solid state or fibre laser-based area or demonstrable experience in a laser manufacturing or development environment.
In depth understanding of the principles of optics and lasers, and a knowledge of ultrashort laser pulses, mode-locking techniques, optical nonlinearities and dispersion is desirable.
Ideally demonstrable practical ability in the creation of breadboard laser systems. • Ideally experienced in taking a product through some part of the engineering life cycle from feasibility to production.
Experienced in the use of test equipment, both optical (power meters, spectrometers, autocorrelators, etc.) and electrical (oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers, etc.).
Proficiency in LabVIEW for data acquisition and instrument control would be an advantage.
- Ideally experienced in the use of optical modelling software packages (for example Zemax) and/or the development of optical models via custom code.
- General understanding of electronics and control systems. • Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage priorities.
- Ability to work from general instructions for new assignments either in isolation or as part of a wider team.
- Occasional travel will be required.
We offer a good remuneration package including contributory pension scheme, subsidised private health care and free life assurance. For further details and to make an application, go to our on- line website and search by location Scotland – Glasgow. Apply Here