Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics, structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype, integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our clients that are of extraordinary value.
What will you do?
As an Optical Engineer you will design, develop, analyze, and build optical systems on a project-by-project basis by applying principles in optics, photonics, mechanics, and materials science.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design components and systems for both short-term and long-term solutions for customer applications.
- Provide tolerance analysis and recommendations for tolerances required for system performance.
- Analyze problems and design custom solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Provide reports in PowerPoint or word describing in detail the problem, design space, solutions, and limitations of a design.
- Build test stations for evaluating system performances in a hands-on cleanroom environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by consistently educating oneself in areas of science necessary for completing the projects and tasks at hand.
- Educate other team members and engineers in optical science and other fundamental physics principles to build the technical capability of the company as a whole.
Who is right for the job?
We hire resourceful individuals with a passion for learning and an ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to solve a variety of problems in a fast-paced environment.
What are we looking for?
- BS in Optics, Physics, or similar Engineering field and 2-5 years of experience, or MS in Optics or Physics
- Experience using optical CAD software (e.g. Zemax) and MATLAB
- Experience with alignment and optical components for system integration, metrology, testing, etc.
- Strong understanding on fundamental optical physics (imaging optics, non-imaging optics, fourier optics, diffractive optics, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a fundamental understanding of an optical system to non-optical engineers.
- US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match.