Service Engineer, Laser Technology
|Applied Physics & Electronics, Inc., Fremont, CA, United States|
APE is one of the world's leading manufacturers of laser and laser diagnostic instruments, especially for ultrashort pulse diagnostics (including autocorrelators) and wavelength conversion (including tunable Laser, OPO, OPA). Our customers work in various fields of application from spectroscopy to microscopy, from quantum physics to laser material processing and medical applications.
Our service engineer is an integral part of our customer experience team. We need someone interested in working independently with a confident personality, diligent approach to this multifaceted job, well organized, and who is open to continued learning and sharing as we go on.
The location for this position is our office in Fremont, California, USA.
- Service, adjustment and commissioning of (customized) laser systems, consisting of fine mechanical, optical and electronic assemblies.
- Installation of the equipment at customer site (worldwide)
- Demonstrations, briefings and customer training; in person, via teleconference (remote session), or written form, such as email.
- Address all technical and maintenance issues that arise. Requires diligent administration, documentation and follow through.
- Respond to customer inquiries by email and telephone.
- Issuance of service quotations
- Extensive input and tracking in customer record management (CRM) system.
- Documentation of work performed and the measurement results (service report)
- Extensive travel (fluctuates; can be as high as 75%), primarily serving customers in North America. Occasional travel outside of this territory will be required.
- Bachelor degree in science related to optical or laser technologies preferred
- Knowledge in optics, metrology and / or high frequency technology, ideally with practical experience in the construction / adjustment of lasers and optical components
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal. Due to the nature of, origin and location of many customers, the ability to communicate, both written and verbal, in other language(s) is welcome.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to travel internationally.