MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications like cloud computing, clean drinking water, self-driving cars and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
The Instruments Business Unit has an excellent opportunity for someone like you to join its innovative leadership team as the site leader for our Bozeman, MT facility. As Site/Plant Manager, you will report to the Vice President and General Manager of the Instruments, Motion and Components & Vibration Control Business. What makes this role exciting is that you will be vital to the success of the team and the facility. You will accomplish this success through financial performance of the “Newport Instruments” business unit, technical and business interface to key OEM customers, growth of the business through new and repeat OEM design wins and/or product life cycle management, sustaining engineering and product management as well as quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
What you will do is:
- Set and implement the overall business strategy, with the objective of improving both market share and profitability. This includes meeting corporate objectives for Profitability and Growth and responsibility for Newport Instruments P&L
- Own Newport Instruments product lines, including Light Sources, Solar Simulators, Laser Diode instrumentation (diode controller, power meters) and High-Speed Receivers
- Lead the Newport Instruments Business Unit - consisting of Product Management, Design and Engineering to support legacy products and to develop new solutions, partnering with Operations to transfer products to production
- Meet & exceed customer expectations for product performance, including quality and reliability, logistic, technology, costs and sustainability
- Meet & exceed customer expectations for continual reduction in cost of ownership
- Intimate knowledge of customer needs, which in some cases requires strong relationships with OEM equipment design authorities