MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
he Senior Program Marketing Manager will lead the management and execution of cross-functional programs and projects through the product development process. Including developing program goals that support the business unit objectives and developing and executing strategies and plans to meet the goals. Working with engineering, operations, quality, supply chain and all other departments necessary to successfully develop products for targeted markets. Drives customer specific inputs into the teams to better meet customer needs and overall business objectives. Responsible for timely communications to keep customers well informed on program and project activities, including schedules, status and deliverables. The Senior Program Marketing Manager will manage programs and projects of high complexity from product definition to production, as well as multiple projects / programs simultaneously including managing the level of business risk associated with the product / program life cycle. In addition, the Senior Program Manager will define long-term strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities and negotiate/close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
For assigned OEM integration accounts, responsible for managing all aspects of post-sales customer support including logistics, manufacturing and value engineering. For assigned OEM programs, responsible for program management, supporting business development activities and acting as primary customer interface for technical problems resolution on opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical based OEM products. Key operational management interface for assigned OEM integration accounts.
Interacts directly with product marketing managers to identify new marketing opportunities, prepares regular marketing activity reports and responds to questions from the sales organization. Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion. Drives customer specific inputs into the organization to better meet customer needs and overall business objectives. Responsible for timely communication to keep customers well informed on program activities, including program schedules/status and product deliveries related to these programs. May identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives; provides pre and post-sale marketing support to distributors, OEMs and resellers.
Duties / Essential Functions
- Manage customer account and support strategic business growth
- Strategize with marketing team for new business opportunities
- Grow and maintain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services
- Research and build relationships with new customers
- Enhances Business Unit reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the job
- Define, organize, and execute strategic long-term and short-term program objectives that align with business mission
- Lead development teams, establish schedules and facilitate cross-functional meetings
- Lead and drive the team to meet or exceed program / project targets including cost reductions and profitability
- Manage the creation, review and approval of product requirements.
- Facilitate meetings and maintain master schedules
- Establish clear objectives and deliverables for the programs / projects that support the business
- Manage risks and issues through problem avoidance, contingency plans and proper escalation
- Anticipate customer concerns and issue. Provide that information to the internal team(s)to improve responses and responsiveness
- Communicate accurate and timely program status to senior management; create mitigation plans as necessary
- Schedule and run all phase reviews and program reviews. Track progress, report status and make corrections to achieve program / project goals
- Looks for ways to minimize design cycles and costs
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products
- Work with internal teams, staff and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue
- Establish a close working relationship with the local customer account management team
- Utilizing a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions and services that the Business Unit can provide and the strengths/weaknesses of the competition develop a pipeline of new business opportunities
- Leverages past experience and strong communication skills to collaborate closely with engineering, operations, quality, supply chain, and sales to meet project development timelines
- Bachelor’ Degree in Engineering
- 7+ years related experience in program and project management
- Very strong project management skills; planning and execution, communication, presentation skills, leadership, risk analysis and mitigation, and personal interaction skills
- Strong cross-functional and team leadership and motivational skills
- Appropriate technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the cross functional teams and customers
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and solid decision making techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project applications
- Strong negotiation and personal influence skills
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter and multi-tasker willing to put in the time and do what it takes to get the job done
- Work hour flexibility to accommodate international conferencing and deadlines
- Domestic and international travel as necessary to support business goals